Are you sending your neighbors to Hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Cast down to hell:

Matthew 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

2 Peter 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Death and hell delivered up the dead WHICH WERE IN THEM. ( CAST DOWN TO HELL.)

Death and hell is cast into the lake of fire. ( all those found in death and hell are cast into the lake of fire/judged)

The book of life was opened, those found written in there are judged according to their works. ( WHOSOEVER WSS NOT FOUND WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE WAS CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE.)

John 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
You could say that people send others to hell, ( deceiving them) but we are to fear what man does to us, or speaks to us, or we are to fear God and what God has said to u, we believe in, trust and follow.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The verse cannot be dismissed. It harmonizes with the rest of Jesus’ doctrine.

The only time anyone’s biblical understanding is infallible is when it aligns perfectly with the Messiah’s understanding.

It’s an old concept.

All post-biblical thought / teaching / doctrine. The concept doesn’t align with what Jesus thought and taught as recorded in the NT? -> it’s false.

It’s good and often helpful to look at man’s commentary but man’s commentary isn’t the authority.

“Jesus was crucified for His doctrine (John 18:19).” - Fr. Ronald Vierling

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“Jesus was crucified for His doctrine (John 18:19).” - Fr. Ronald Vierling

Jesus was Crucified because God so loves us all that He wants Us ALL to be with Him after we die, or are Raptured.

And because "all have sinned"... there was no way for a SINNER, of themselves, to restore God's relationship to them.

So, God restores it like this..

"Jesus came into the WORLD (all people) to Save SINNERS"

That's Everyone.... "as ALL have sinned".
And Everyone who will hear this message, and believe it, God will redeem with the Blood of Jesus and the Death of Jesus.

The beautiful Cross of Christ is really a Becon Of Hope.....>Its a Lighthouse that is always shining out its offer of SALVATION.... to All who will hear the Message that it brings, and believe.

"Faith (in Christ) comes......= by HEARING the Message of Hope that is..>>"Believe on Jesus and you shall be saved, forgiven, redeemed"...= FOREVER.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jesus was Crucified because God so loves us all that He wants Us ALL to be with Him after we die, or are Raptured.

And because "all have sinned"... there was no way for a SINNER, of themselves, to restore God's relationship to them.

So, God restores it like this..

"Jesus came into the WORLD (all people) to Save SINNERS"

That's Everyone.... "as ALL have sinned".
And Everyone who will hear this message, and believe it, God will redeem with the Blood of Jesus and the Death of Jesus.

The beautiful Cross of Christ is really a Becon Of Hope.....>Its a Lighthouse that is always shining out its offer of SALVATION.... to All who will hear the Message that it brings, and believe.

"Faith (in Christ) comes......= by HEARING the Message of Hope that is..>>"Believe on Jesus and you shall be saved, forgiven, redeemed"...= FOREVER.

He was also crucified for what he believed and taught. So are his disciples, metaphorically speaking; and some, literally speaking.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He was also crucified for what he believed and taught. So are his disciples, metaphorically speaking; and some, literally speaking.

It was God's will that Jesus become the Human Sacrifice (Blood Atonement).. for everyone's sin,... And Jesus accepted this and fulfilled it on the Cross.

So, Its God's Love that allowed Jesus to be sacrified for your and me, is the deepest way to realize it.

And its Jesus love for you and me that caused Jesus to do this....>>"No man takes my Life from me....I LAY IT DOWN, of my own FREE Will".

So, all of that is what "killed Jesus", and the Cross is where it occurred.

If that seems cruel and you are not able to recognize God's Love as The Cross of Christ... then another answer is this..

"You SIN Killed Jesus".

So, is ALL of that...
All of it.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It was God's will that Jesus become the Human Sacrifice (Blood Atonement).. for everyone's sin,... And Jesus accepted this and fulfilled it on the Cross.

So, Its God's Love that allowed Jesus to be sacrified for your and me, is the deepest way to realize it.

And its Jesus love for you and me that caused Jesus to do this....>>"No man takes my Life from me....I LAY IT DOWN, of my own FREE Will".

So, all of that is what "killed Jesus", and the Cross is where it occurred.

If that seems cruel and you are not able to recognize God's Love as The Cross of Christ... then another answer is this..

"You SIN Killed Jesus".

So, is ALL of that...
All of it.

Do you know why I posted the quote I did from Fr. Vierling?

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cast down to hell:

Matthew 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

2 Peter 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Death and hell delivered up the dead WHICH WERE IN THEM. ( CAST DOWN TO HELL.)

Death and hell is cast into the lake of fire. ( all those found in death and hell are cast into the lake of fire/judged)

The book of life was opened, those found written in there are judged according to their works. ( WHOSOEVER WSS NOT FOUND WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE WAS CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE.)

John 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
As you can see the angels are reserved in chains of darkness and the word is Tarturas here mistranslated in the Greek to the underworld, and they await the judgement and consequently the lake of fire. They are not being punished but reserved for it, which we shall see at the end..