Aliens & watchers & hybrids, oh my!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This might be a little out there, even by unorthodox doctrine standards, but it's just something I've been musing over lately. There's a heavy dose of speculation involved, and I don't claim any of it to be emphatically true. It's more of a thought experiment than anything. I hold to the Enochian view that the sons of God were "angels" who commingled with human women and created a hybrid race of giants in Gen 6. I'm not here to debate if the Book of Enoch is true or not, but rather to speculate on the "what ifs.".

Obviously, the angelic view is nothing new. But the "what if" comes from identifying who the sons of God really are. They're not specifically called angels in Gen 6. I think a better term for them is "watchers," as Enoch and Daniel call them. From the various sources, the watchers job seemed to have been to watch over humanity, and some of them rebelled and actively manipulated humanity for their own personal desires. From Enoch and Jubilees, we gather they did genic experiments not only on humans but on animals. Hence, the reason for the flood. Humanity and nature itself had been corrupted.

Now, if they were able to manupulate genetics and conduct experiments, that would suggest they had some sort of technology. What other advanced technology might they have possessed? This is where it gets a little out there. We think of them as bright, glowing angelic beings, but what if they were not that at all? What if they are what our modern culture would think of as aliens? And no, I don't think they were from another planet per se; more on that in a bit. But I think it does leave room for the possibility that God created other beings of higher intelligence than just humans. Yes, there are angels, but "angels" is a very broad umberella term that doesn't really tell us much. There's simply a lot we don't know about God's creation or about our own prehistory, which leaves room for speculation. Maybe there are angels who look like we typically envision, but maybe there are others who look totally different.

I don't believe they are extra-terristral for two insurmountable reasons. The first is the issue of distance. Even traveling at the speed of light, a physical impossibility, it would take hundreds, if not thousands, of years to get here. Then you get into other problems such as time dilation, infinite energy requirements, infinite mass, collision hazards, radiation exposure, and so on. The other problem is, how would they even find us? There are so many planets and stars in our universe that it would be like finding one specific blue grain of sand in the Sahara Desert. True, we've been sending out radio signals for a little over a hundred years. But that's still a relatively short time, and radio signals don't go on forever through space. Eventually, they weaken and fade into cosmic background noise. One could speculate that they're so advanced they can create worm holes, which exist only in theory. But that starts getting into science fiction rather than science fact.

More than likely, they are extra-dimensional rather than extra-terrestrial. I would classify angels as extra-deminsional as they exist outside of our dimension but are able to enter our dimesion through what I presume to be portals. The prophet Ezikiel may have seen such a portal but could only describe it in a very limited way. As to what they may have looked like, that also takes a weird turn. What if the imagery of Satan being a dragon and serpent is not allegorical or symbolic at all? The four cherbiums mentioned in Ezekiel 10:14 had four faces: a cherub, a man, a lion, and an eagle. Revelation 4:7 mentions a calf. The calf represents domestic and prey animals. The man, of course, represents humanity. The lion represents predatory animals. The eagle repents the avian birds. Cherubs were guardians, and it appears there was one assigned to each of the kingdoms. What's missing is the retiple kindom. Was Satan a cherub over the reptile kingdom before his fall? I think it's possible. I find it interesting that in the Apocalypse of Abraham, Azazel, one of the fallen watchers, is described as having a face like a viper. Also, serpent motiffs show up quite a bit in ancient civilians, usually depicted as gods. There's much more that other people have written about that.

So, it just might be that the watchers actually had sereptine features, had some form of technology, and were tasked by God to watch over humanity, but they rebelled. As punishment, God destroyed their creation with a flood, and they were banished from our dimension. That brings up more questions: were they immortal? Have they been trying to find a way back? Will they reappear during the tribulation? Is this part of the great deception? I know this starts to veer off into the whole David Icke reptilian aliens thing, which I am not advocating for. Though it is interesting that many who have claimed to be abducted by aliens describe them as being reptilian. I don't know. I'm just saying, maybe there's a glimmer of truth there. Again, this is all wild speculation on my part, so, make of it what you will.

Reactions: lforrest and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, this is all wild speculation on my part, so, make of it what you will.
Yeah, but there's nothing here I'd point to and say, "no, that cannot be right."

Some speculate this way, and go a little further with it, thinking that "watcher DNA" inserted into humans will be involved in the mark of the beast. And that "the lie" of 2 Thessalonians 2 will be, "you can become like God" by doing this.

Much love!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Yeah, but there's nothing here I'd point to and say, "no, that cannot be right."

Some speculate this way, and go a little further with it, thinking that "watcher DNA" inserted into humans will be involved in the mark of the beast. And that "the lie" of 2 Thessalonians 2 will be, "you can become like God" by doing this.

Much love!
I am one who fears this possibility. As there is a lot of satanism in these positions of power. And it fits with Satan's mocking of God's word. So there is motive and operatunity.

Reactions: marks

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
This might be a little out there, even by unorthodox doctrine standards, but it's just something I've been musing over lately. There's a heavy dose of speculation involved, and I don't claim any of it to be emphatically true. It's more of a thought experiment than anything. I hold to the Enochian view that the sons of God were "angels" who commingled with human women and created a hybrid race of giants in Gen 6. I'm not here to debate if the Book of Enoch is true or not, but rather to speculate on the "what ifs.".

Obviously, the angelic view is nothing new. But the "what if" comes from identifying who the sons of God really are. They're not specifically called angels in Gen 6. I think a better term for them is "watchers," as Enoch and Daniel call them. From the various sources, the watchers job seemed to have been to watch over humanity, and some of them rebelled and actively manipulated humanity for their own personal desires. From Enoch and Jubilees, we gather they did genic experiments not only on humans but on animals. Hence, the reason for the flood. Humanity and nature itself had been corrupted.

Now, if they were able to manupulate genetics and conduct experiments, that would suggest they had some sort of technology. What other advanced technology might they have possessed? This is where it gets a little out there. We think of them as bright, glowing angelic beings, but what if they were not that at all? What if they are what our modern culture would think of as aliens? And no, I don't think they were from another planet per se; more on that in a bit. But I think it does leave room for the possibility that God created other beings of higher intelligence than just humans. Yes, there are angels, but "angels" is a very broad umberella term that doesn't really tell us much. There's simply a lot we don't know about God's creation or about our own prehistory, which leaves room for speculation. Maybe there are angels who look like we typically envision, but maybe there are others who look totally different.

I don't believe they are extra-terristral for two insurmountable reasons. The first is the issue of distance. Even traveling at the speed of light, a physical impossibility, it would take hundreds, if not thousands, of years to get here. Then you get into other problems such as time dilation, infinite energy requirements, infinite mass, collision hazards, radiation exposure, and so on. The other problem is, how would they even find us? There are so many planets and stars in our universe that it would be like finding one specific blue grain of sand in the Sahara Desert. True, we've been sending out radio signals for a little over a hundred years. But that's still a relatively short time, and radio signals don't go on forever through space. Eventually, they weaken and fade into cosmic background noise. One could speculate that they're so advanced they can create worm holes, which exist only in theory. But that starts getting into science fiction rather than science fact.

More than likely, they are extra-dimensional rather than extra-terrestrial. I would classify angels as extra-deminsional as they exist outside of our dimension but are able to enter our dimesion through what I presume to be portals. The prophet Ezikiel may have seen such a portal but could only describe it in a very limited way. As to what they may have looked like, that also takes a weird turn. What if the imagery of Satan being a dragon and serpent is not allegorical or symbolic at all? The four cherbiums mentioned in Ezekiel 10:14 had four faces: a cherub, a man, a lion, and an eagle. Revelation 4:7 mentions a calf. The calf represents domestic and prey animals. The man, of course, represents humanity. The lion represents predatory animals. The eagle repents the avian birds. Cherubs were guardians, and it appears there was one assigned to each of the kingdoms. What's missing is the retiple kindom. Was Satan a cherub over the reptile kingdom before his fall? I think it's possible. I find it interesting that in the Apocalypse of Abraham, Azazel, one of the fallen watchers, is described as having a face like a viper. Also, serpent motiffs show up quite a bit in ancient civilians, usually depicted as gods. There's much more that other people have written about that.

So, it just might be that the watchers actually had sereptine features, had some form of technology, and were tasked by God to watch over humanity, but they rebelled. As punishment, God destroyed their creation with a flood, and they were banished from our dimension. That brings up more questions: were they immortal? Have they been trying to find a way back? Will they reappear during the tribulation? Is this part of the great deception? I know this starts to veer off into the whole David Icke reptilian aliens thing, which I am not advocating for. Though it is interesting that many who have claimed to be abducted by aliens describe them as being reptilian. I don't know. I'm just saying, maybe there's a glimmer of truth there. Again, this is all wild speculation on my part, so, make of it what you will.
There is a distinction between angels and demons. When a half angel dies it becomes a disembodied demon doomed to walk the arid places due to the angelic seed. So I'm more inclined to believe that aliens are a form of half-angel, half genetically engineered something.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
I think you might be right...
Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Does perfect in his generations mean Noah had proper DNA?

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you might be right...
Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Does perfect in his generations mean Noah had proper DNA?
That's what it seems to me, but I don't know enough to have certainty. Things could get pretty weird!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been noticing the rise of bizarre attacks, murders, mutilations, it seems the demonic possessions are becoming more overt or something.

Much love!