41 is coming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I saw my friend and brother Jaime post this and got permission to share with you.

Saw this on a friend's page. Had to share. Look up, day 41 is coming!

In the Bible, it rained for 40 days and 40 nights.
Day 41 came and the rain stopped.

Moses committed murder & hid in the desert for 40 years.
Year 41 came, and God called him to help rescue Israel.

Moses went up on the mountain for 40 days.
On day 41, he received the Ten Commandments.

The Israelites wandered in the wilderness for 40 years.
Year 41, they walked into the Promised Land.

Goliath taunted Israel for 40 days.
Day 41 came, and David slew him.

Jonah preached a message of repentance to Ninevah for 40 days.
On day 41, God stopped His plan to destroy them.

Jesus fasted and was tempted for 40 days.
Day 41, and the devil fled.

After His resurrection, Jesus appeared to His disciples for 40 days.
On day 41, He ascended into Heaven.

All this to say...don't quit. The rain will stop, the giant will fall, and you will enter your "promised land." Don't give up at 40.

41 is coming.

• Love
Reactions: Pearl and ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I saw my friend and brother Jaime post this and got permission to share with you.

40 and also 400 are a theme throughout the scriptures (which you have shown). 400 being times 10, is an indication of "totality" or "overall." In other words, the times of Israel's captivity, was and is an image or parable of the greater captivity of all who are born of the flesh (as the ministry during those times was unto the children of Adam and Eve born of the flesh, as opposed to the ministry unto the gentiles following the day of Pentecost and the coming of the Holy Spirit).

The theme of 40 is defined as "a generation" or for the bigger picture as a "lifetime" by God during the time of Moses when Israel wandered in the desert for forty years wherein that generation would all die (but 2). In that image or parable enactment demonstrating the lifetimes of men born of the flesh, the 40 years in the desert comes after their time of captivity in what most might consider a half-life. Except that passing through the Red Sea was its own image rather of the end of the 400 (430) years, as an image representing death or passing from death to life. In which case, Israel actually repeated (in short) during their 40 years of wandering in the desert before passing through the Jordon unto life everlasting pictured by their entering the promised land foreshadowing their end in Christ 1600 years later (another multiple of 40).

Such are the unfolding revelations from God as much as hidden within the pages of history. Praise God!

Last edited: