The unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit. Many people fear that they have committed it.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of the religious leaders of Jesus’ time had committed the unforgivable sin and taken the devil as their god. Jesus identified these people as children of the devil and knowing that fact helps explain so much about them. It explains why they murdered innocent people, why they lied and bribed people, and why they could not rejoice even when something wonderful had occurred like the healing of a man who was born blind. It also explains why they perverted the Word of God and made it hard to obey it. People can be horrible sinners without taking the devil as their god and committing the unforgivable sin. Nevertheless, the Bible has a lot to say about people who have become children of the devil so we know how they are and that they always pervert the ways of God.

“people will be forgiven for every sin and defaming word, but the defaming of the Spirit will not be forgiven.” These words of Jesus Christ are very direct: “every” sin and defaming word can be forgiven except one, a sin he referred to as “defaming” or to “speak against” the Holy Spirit. The definition of “defaming” includes slander, speaking against God, or verbal abuse, and it's clear from comparing the above two verses that Christ is defining defaming as “speaking against” something. Jesus said there is one form of defaming against God that will never be forgiven, and he was referring to a specific defaming, not just speaking against God in general. Many people have at some time been angry at God due to the horrific circumstances of this fallen world, and many have spoken very harshly about God and/or to Him. In fact, it is safe to say that most people have even cursed at God, and yet when they ask for forgiveness, He forgives them. The same is true of other kinds of sin. Many people sin horribly against God but are later forgiven. But there is a defaming that will not be forgiven.

That might be and an example of someone defaming the Holy Spirit is found there when Jesus casts out an evil Spirit and the Pharisees attributed it to Jesus being in League with the Devil, which denied the power and good works of the Holy Spirit. I get it now.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That might be and an example of someone defaming the Holy Spirit is found there when Jesus casts out an evil Spirit and the Pharisees attributed it to Jesus being in League with the Devil, which denied the power and good works of the Holy Spirit. I get it now.

That is :

"Blasphemy = AGAINST.

This is different then : Blasphemy "OF".

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is :

"Blasphemy = AGAINST.

This is different then : Blasphemy "OF".

Think so? Either way it is very dangerous place to be treading on even lightly!

If it means everone who's father is the devil, then that would easily include all of the people that are or have been in the occult in any way, right? Makes sense. And what is our country? I bet 75% of the country is in the occult.

I'm not in the occult, but Fortune Tellers arent evil, plus it was a long time ago...(Uh-Oh)
No Occult for me, I'm no witch! I read my horoscope though...(Uh-Oh)
That stuff needs renounced and repented of by everyone.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would it be possible for you to post your own ideas, vs posting annoying long and redundant copies of other men's theology?

Listen.

All the unbelievers are "You are (SPIRITUALLY) of YOUR FATHER, the DEVIL"...

That is everyone who is not born again.. And that is why those "sons' are sent to 'HELL that is created for the DEVIL and His angels".

So, when you are born again.........You change Spiritual Fathers, .... and Now GOD is your "Heavenly Father"

Until then, the Devil is the "father".

And His "children", are these..

JOHN 3:36
Anybody who knows something about the Bible has or had teachers. I do however, believe some on here do not since they do seem to make up all kinds of stuff that never saw a verse. It's perfectly fine to quote my teachers and I do so in many places and list them here...

1 Kittel, G., ed. Theological Dictionary of the New Testament. Michigan: Wm. B. Eerdman's Publishing Co. Vol. 1V, p. 1090.

2 Graeser, Mark., Rethinking Christology: A Paper Presented to the ARC/Tyndale Symposium on Cults, the Occult and World Religions. August, 1988. p. 8, 9.

3 Ibid., p. 10.

4 Ibid., p. 11

5 E. W. Bullinger., A Critical Lexicon and Concordance to the English and Greek New Testament: (London: Samuel Bagster & Sons, 1975), p. 76.

6 Ibid., pp. 466, 467.

7 Kittel, G., ed. Theological Dictionary of the New Testament. Michigan: Wm. B. Eerdman's Publishing Co. Vol. 1V, p. 1043

8 Graeser, Mark., Rethinking Christology: A Paper Presented to the ARC/Tyndale Symposium on Cults, the Occult and World Religions. August, 1988. p. 9.

9 E. W. Bullinger., A Critical Lexicon and Concordance to the English and Greek New Testament: (London: Samuel Bagster & Sons, 1975), p. 151.

10 Graeser, Mark., Rethinking Christology: A Paper Presented to the ARC/Tyndale Symposium on Cults, the Occult and World Religions. August, 1988. p. 11.

11 E. W. Bullinger., A Critical Lexicon and Concordance to the English and Greek New Testament: (London: Samuel Bagster & Sons, 1975), p. 453.

Who are your teachers?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Anybody who knows something about the Bible has or had teachers.ullinger., A Critical Lexicon and Concordance to the English and Greek New Testament: (London: Samuel Bagster & Sons, 1975), p. 453.

Who are your teachers?

The Holy Spirit + Paul = is my Only THEOLOGY, Doctrine, = Preaching or Teaching.

And i was born again when i was 17, and called into the Ministry when i was 26, by the Holy Spirit.

And after that i was Seminary Trained, and this includes extra study regarding K.Grk and Latin, "manuscript Evidence"

I have 3 Gifts of the Spirit.. (Paul's list)
I have #1, #2, and #7

And certainly useful to me over the years, regarding gaining more understading...

From the USA.... a few.

James Kennedy
Adrian Rogers
David Jeremiah
Lloyd John Ogilvie

And from Europe, a few..

St.Francis
Hildegard of Bingen
Margeurite Porette
Angela of Foligno
Dionysius The Areopagite
Bernard of Claivaux
Jeanne Guyon

Also, one of the best ways to understand TRUTH, (spiritual and doctrinal) is to study what the Devil has created.

So, ive studed most of the more widely known false theologies. (Doctrines of Devil's) Hebrews 13:9

Calvinism
TULIP
Mormonism
Satanism
Paganism
JWs
Catholicism

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit + Paul = is my Only THEOLOGY, Doctrine, = Preaching or Teaching.

And i was born again when i was 17, and called into the Ministry when i was 26, by the Holy Spirit.

And after that i was Seminary Trained, and this includes extra study regarding K.Grk and Latin, "manuscript Evidence"

I have 3 Gifts of the Spirit.. (Paul's list)
I have #1, #2, and #7

And certainly useful to me over the years, regarding gaining more understading...

From the USA.... a few.

James Kennedy
Adrian Rogers
David Jeremiah
Lloyd John Ogilvie

And from Europe, a few..

St.Francis
Hildegard of Bingen
Margeurite Porette
Angela of Foligno
Dionysius The Areopagite
Bernard of Claivaux
Jeanne Guyon

Also, one of the best ways to understand TRUTH, (spiritual and doctrinal) is to study what the Devil has created.

So, ive studed most of the more widely known false theologies. (Doctrines of Devil's) Hebrews 13:9

Calvinism
TULIP
Mormonism
Satanism
Paganism
JWs
Catholicism
See... you too have had teachers.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See... you too have had teachers.

I think we all have if we think about it. I am very much into Derek Prince lately because he has a bunch of good teaching videos about Demonism, witchcraft, and dealing with all the related evil spirits that vome with that sort of thing. Derek Prince was great.

I listened to Chuck Missler from the 90s until he went to be with the Lord.
There's a newer guy (to me) on youtube past few years named Alan Nolan of Cornerstone Fellowship and He does quite a bit of verse by verse and I like that.

And the Lord Himself.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Sooo...Wisdom, Words of Knowledge, and Discerning of spirits?

That's a good combination!

the first 2, help the Preacher feed the sheep .

#7, is God showing us how to deeply discern, as that is necessary if you are going to teach the bible, as otherwise, a person is just reading it, and that is pointless, useless.

"the word of God is Spiritually = DISCERNED"......and that is #7, as a GIFT.

But every Born again Believer can spiritually discern, all things...... Life, People, themselves... however to do this with the bible, you have to be free of Cult mentality, of any kind.. as otherwise, you'll see the BIBLE only through the teaching of the deceiver.

So, to stay away from that, you have to do what Hebrews 13:9 says..... or you'll become a victim of what Hebrews 13:9 teaches.

And the only way to do what that verse says, is to study Paul's doctrine, and stay there for LIFE.

Reactions: MA2444

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we all have if we think about it. I am very much into Derek Prince lately because he has a bunch of good teaching videos about Demonism, witchcraft, and dealing with all the related evil spirits that vome with that sort of thing. Derek Prince was great.

I listened to Chuck Missler from the 90s until he went to be with the Lord.
There's a newer guy (to me) on youtube past few years named Alan Nolan of Cornerstone Fellowship and He does quite a bit of verse by verse and I like that.

And the Lord Himself.
I have spent my whole Christian life staying away from the devils. I do know about them, but don't teach it. In fact, I personally know about them.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooo...Wisdom, Words of Knowledge, and Discerning of spirits?

That's a good combination!
I did not have the heart to tell him they are not gifts. They are the manifestations of the spirit and everyone has them if they have the spirit.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes,

and, i didnt ask you not to have teachers......i only ask everyone who names Jesus as Savior, to "study Paul".

Also, what i asked you, is to not post long long long CUT AND PASTE posts = that are "some other man's", teaching.
I put that post together myself and cut and pasted it from my own writings. But it is what my teachers believe.