• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesusfollower

May 12, 2024
Eastern township
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, that's not right according to the Greek that is written there. The NLT is being interpretive.

Are we then made an sacrifice for righteousness? I don't think so. He became our sin, so we can become God's righteousness.

Much love!
I know what you mean but to write it this way is wrong, how can something so perfect as Christ become sin? Other wording is needed here, again I reiterate the importance of not misleading the people not having a strong foundation in faith.

Blessings.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what you mean but to write it this way is wrong, how can something so perfect as Christ become sin? Other wording is needed here, again I reiterate the importance of not misleading the people not having a strong foundation in faith.

Blessings.
I didn't write the passage, I'm only reading it, and believing it. Let me ask you . . . how can something so foul as dead-in-sin-man become the righteousness of God? This is a very amazing thing God has done for us!

This is the strength of our foundation for faith, that God has, through Christ, removed our sin, and given us His righteousness, and this is how He describes it.

I agree we are to be sensitive to the needs of our hearers, just the same, I don't believe in negating the words of Scripture, or changing the message in any way. I believe in understanding what the words say, and believing them. And I find everything harmonizes together.

I don't feel the need to get into deep theology with a new believer, but I don't shy away from it either. As the Spirit leads.

Much love!

Jesusfollower

May 12, 2024
Eastern township
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I didn't write the passage, I'm only reading it, and believing it. Let me ask you . . . how can something so foul as dead-in-sin-man become the righteousness of God? This is a very amazing thing God has done for us!

This is the strength of our foundation for faith, that God has, through Christ, removed our sin, and given us His righteousness, and this is how He describes it.

I agree we are to be sensitive to the needs of our hearers, just the same, I don't believe in negating the words of Scripture, or changing the message in any way. I believe in understanding what the words say, and believing them. And I find everything harmonizes together.

I don't feel the need to get into deep theology with a new believer, but I don't shy away from it either. As the Spirit leads.

Much love!
Just me then do you believe Jesus was sin?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think God expresses Jesus' work of reconciling us to God in a variety of ways, all I can do is say what the words say, and accept what they mean.

Here is another:

Colossians 2:13-14 KJV
13) And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The handwriting of ordinance that was against us . . . "handwriting", or cheirographon, was a word that was used for a promisory note. It was a handwritten promise to pay. When the debt was paid, the creditor would write across it, tetelestai, "completed". Paul used that in Philemon, "if he owes you anything, I'll repay it, see, I've written it with my own hand".

Our debt under the law due to our sin was blotted out, being nailed to the cross. It was Jesus who was nailed to the cross.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 22:5-8 KJV
5) They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.
6) But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.
7) All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
8) He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

I think it was the Targum of Jonathan, I'm not certain, one of the Targums, on Isaiah 66:

Isaiah 66:24 KJV
And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

. . . said that the "worm that does not die" is what remains of a man whom God has destroyed because of sin. I don't see that as Scripture per se, rather, the understanding of that day.

Much love!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not saying that I don’t say sorry to God for some things that I do..
If you do something that you have to tell God you are sorry for, wasn't what you did a sin, and saying you are sorry is accepting forgiveness for that sin?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you do something that you have to tell God you are sorry for, wasn't what you did a sin, and saying you are sorry is accepting forgiveness for that sin?
Why would it be sin, Cassandra if I am Born Again of imperishable seed?

I never ask God for forgiveness...he sees my sin no more.

This is where we may disagree, Brother,...a Born Again has been Born Again of imperishable seed that liveth and abideth forever....this is what God’s word says about a Born Again below.

I’m not saying that I don’t say sorry to God for some things that I do....I ask him to help me overcome them by the power of His Spirit within ,that’s where his power is within us, Praise His Holy Name,xx

I don’t confess any sin, as stated below per scripture.

Look forward to listening to your input,xx

Just a short commentary...

Giving in to sin is no longer normal for the child of God, and the rest of 1 John 3:9 gives the reason: “No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.” A genuine Christian has God’s “seed” and will not “deliberately, knowingly, and habitually” sin. It’s just not in his “spiritual DNA.”

Believers have the power to overcome temptation because of the Holy Spirit living within them (1 Corinthians 10:13; 1 John 3:9). Children of God growing to maturity will increasingly reflect God and His character as He sanctifies them. If a person claims to be a Christian but lives in rebellion against God’s Word, pursuing a lifestyle of willful sin, that person shows that he or she is not saved.

Believers are born of God and have become new creations at salvation: “The old has gone, the new is here!” (2 Corinthians 3:17). No longer slaves to sin, believers are continually transformed into the image of Christ. , but whoever is born of God does not sin in that they do not knowingly, deliberately, or habitually sin. They live for the things of God, and by God’s grace, “his divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness” (2 Peter 1:3).

1 John 3​

King James Version​

3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Last edited:

Jesusfollower

May 12, 2024
Eastern township
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
it is worth reading the whole chapter 53 it it about Jesus, the last verse of the chapter is clear.

Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace wasupon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portionwith the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

also;
Revelation 19:11-16 (KJV): "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords."

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I know what you mean but to write it this way is wrong, how can something so perfect as Christ become sin?

Its the body and BLOOD.... of Jesus that is the sacrifice.

See, OUR sin is found ON God's sacrifice for our sin, who is our "sin bearer"...

He BORE our sin, on the Tree.

There is no sin found IN Him.... as Jesus was sinless.

Jesusfollower

May 12, 2024
Eastern township
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think God expresses Jesus' work of reconciling us to God in a variety of ways, all I can do is say what the words say, and accept what they mean.
Jesus elaborated on the importance of the commandments and provided teachings on how they should be understood and applied. Here are a few notable instances:

Matthew 22:37-40 (KJV), Jesus summarizes the commandments:
"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."
Here, Jesus emphasizes the centrality of love for God and love for others as the foundation of all the commandments.
Matthew 5-7, Jesus delivers the Sermon on the Mount, where He expounds on various aspects of the law, offering deeper insights and correcting misconceptions. For example, in Matthew 5:21-22, Jesus teaches about the deeper implications of the commandment against murder, emphasizing the importance of controlling one's anger and reconciling with others.

In Matthew 7:12 (KJV), Jesus gives the Golden Rule:
"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."
This prepresents the essence of the commandments by promoting empathy, kindness, and fairness in human interactions.

Throughout His teachings, Jesus affirms the importance of the commandments while also offering deeper spiritual insights into their meaning and application. He magnified the law emphasizes the need for righteousness that goes beyond mere external observance, pointing to the transformation of the heart and a genuine love for God and neighbor as the fulfillment of the law.

Here is another:

Colossians 2:13-14 KJV
13) And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The handwriting of ordinance that was against us . . . "handwriting", or cheirographon, was a word that was used for a promisory note. It was a handwritten promise to pay. When the debt was paid, the creditor would write across it, tetelestai, "completed". Paul used that in Philemon, "if he owes you anything, I'll repay it, see, I've written it with my own hand".

Our debt under the law due to our sin was blotted out, being nailed to the cross. It was Jesus who was nailed to the cross.

Much love!
Lastly do you think heaven will be a lawless place?

Revelation 22:14-15 "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie."

Those who enter into heaven are those who have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, those who have repented and have changed their ways whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life, and who live in obedience to God's commandments.

This is certain as it is written.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Notice that Jesus "bare the sin of many"....

Yet "All have sinned"..

So, If Jesus is the atonement for the sin of the world, , then why does the verse say that "he bare the sin of Many"?

Why does the verse not say that "Jesus bore the sin of us ALL"?

Its because, not 'ALL will believe"...

So, the Cross is the eternal payment for the sin of the World...."one believer, at at time"...

The verse says..>"God was in Christ in the world not counting their (everyone's) sin against them".

So that is the OFFER............to the WORLD......everyone......>"ALL who will believe".. John 3:16

But not everyone will believe, yet Jesus has died for their sin.

A simple analogy.....

= If everyone is told...."you have a billion dollars in the Bank".. "Its yours"..

Yet not all will go to the bank and get it......yet the money is UNIVERSALLY OFFERED.

Jesus is THE Sacrifice for everyone's sin, but not everyone will believe and receive this "Gift of Salvation"

That is your CHOICE., So, give God your faith in Christ....or NOT.....and God honors your choice, now and after you die.

The Choice is YOURS.

Believe , or not., as the Sacrifice for your sin, has been completed, on The Cross, 2000 yrs ago.

The money is IN the Bank.

Reactions: Jesusfollower

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would it be sin, Cassandra if I am Born Again of imperishable seed?

I never ask God for forgiveness...he sees my sin no more.

This is where we may disagree, Brother,...a Born Again has been Born Again of imperishable seed that liveth and abideth forever....this is what God’s word says about a Born Again below.

I’m not saying that I don’t say sorry to God for some things that I do....I ask him to help me overcome them by the power of His Spirit within ,that’s where his power is within us, Praise His Holy Name,xx

I don’t confess any sin, as stated below per scripture.

Look forward to listening to your input,xx

Just a short commentary...

Giving in to sin is no longer normal for the child of God, and the rest of 1 John 3:9 gives the reason: “No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.” A genuine Christian has God’s “seed” and will not “deliberately, knowingly, and habitually” sin. It’s just not in his “spiritual DNA.”

Believers have the power to overcome temptation because of the Holy Spirit living within them (1 Corinthians 10:13; 1 John 3:9). Children of God growing to maturity will increasingly reflect God and His character as He sanctifies them. If a person claims to be a Christian but lives in rebellion against God’s Word, pursuing a lifestyle of willful sin, that person shows that he or she is not saved.

Believers are born of God and have become new creations at salvation: “The old has gone, the new is here!” (2 Corinthians 3:17). No longer slaves to sin, believers are continually transformed into the image of Christ. , but whoever is born of God does not sin in that they do not knowingly, deliberately, or habitually sin. They live for the things of God, and by God’s grace, “his divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness” (2 Peter 1:3).

1 John 3​

King James Version​

3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
Getting angry is a sin. Why would you apologize to God if you did nothing wrong? You have to abide in Him not to sin--we fall off of the beaten track alot as humans.

1 John 1:8-10 ESV If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Jesus forgave your past sins is up to you to continue your walk with Him, so you do not fall back.
If you believe that you do not sin (bad thoughts are sins too,) then I feel sorry for you.

Look at number 4 up there. sin is the trangression of the law. Do you keep the 10 Commandments? Remember Jesus magnified Kill or murder to even hating your brother. If you do not keep them, it is sin.
This is where we may disagree, Brother,.
You must have done a cut and paste. Cassandra is a girl's name.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Getting angry is a sin. Why would you apologize to God if you did nothing wrong? You have to abide in Him not to sin--we fall off of the beaten track alot as humans.
A Born Again does not sin..we have been cleansed by the blood of the Lamb...a Born Again is under grace, we are being made into Jesus image from the power within us, the Holy Spirit, we will bear Jesus fruit as we grow in our spiritual understanding.
1 John 1:8-10 ESV If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Jesus forgave your past sins is up to you to continue your walk with Him, so you do not fall back.
If you believe that you do not sin (bad thoughts are sins too,) then I feel sorry for you.

Look at number 4 up there. sin is the trangression of the law. Do you keep the 10 Commandments? Remember Jesus magnified Kill or murder to even hating your brother. If you do not keep them, it is sin.

You must have done a cut and paste. Cassandra is a girl's name.
This scripture is irrelevant to a Born Again.

They belong to the Living God for his purpose and plan...the witness in us is the Holy Spirit.

Without His Spirit we are powerless....He brings through us all Glory to God.....he witnesses Gods Living truth through us.

Everything is about God and His Living Spirit..

Zilch about us...we died so that we can live.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You addressed nothing--same old, same old. I am born again, and i get angry, say the wrong thins to people, exhibit pride, just like you. I ask the Lord for forgiveness.
I am amazed that Scripture means so little to you, and that you actually think you don't sin.

We are done. You need to read your Bible. Not all that and a bag of chips.

Jesusfollower

May 12, 2024
Eastern township
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Notice that Jesus "bare the sin of many"....

Yet "All have sinned"..

So, If Jesus is the atonement for the sin of the world, , then why does the verse say that "he bare the sin of Many"?

Why does the verse not say that "Jesus bore the sin of us ALL"?

Its because, not 'ALL will believe"...

So, the Cross is the eternal payment for the sin of the World...."one believer, at at time"...

The verse says..>"God was in Christ in the world not counting their (everyone's) sin against them".

So that is the OFFER............to the WORLD......everyone......>"ALL who will believe".. John 3:16

But not everyone will believe, yet Jesus has died for their sin.

A simple analogy.....

= If everyone is told...."you have a billion dollars in the Bank".. "Its yours"..

Yet not all will go to the bank and get it......yet the money is UNIVERSALLY OFFERED.

Jesus is THE Sacrifice for everyone's sin, but not everyone will believe and receive this "Gift of Salvation"

That is your CHOICE., So, give God your faith in Christ....or NOT.....and God honors your choice, now and after you die.

The Choice is YOURS.

Believe , or not., as the Sacrifice for your sin, has been completed, on The Cross, 2000 yrs ago.

The money is IN the Bank.
I do believe what you say here in this post is correct, I believe the same

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You addressed nothing--same old, same old. I am born again, and i get angry, say the wrong thins to people, exhibit pride, just like you. I ask the Lord for forgiveness.
I am amazed that Scripture means so little to you, and that you actually think you don't sin.

We are done. You need to read your Bible. Not all that and a bag of chips.
Aww Sis...Love, Love, Love.xx

1716383286254.gif

Reactions: Jesusfollower

Prycejosh1987

May 20, 2024
Balsall Heath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God's ways are HIGHER Than our little minds THINK, so we have to get out of our mind and get the RENEWED MInd (As Paul teaches) that is God's perspective.
I call it having the mind of Christ. Paul taught that. I believe we should renew our minds everyday from yesterday and take each day as it comes. Jesus said we should let tomorrow worry about its own troubles.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I call it having the mind of Christ.

Yes.

Knowing what God thinks, regarding how GOD eternally views the Born again, is to have the renewed mind.

And we have to get there, as that is our part.

We are to "Study to show" and we are to get the revelation of who we have become "in Christ".

God has a specific VIEWPOINT regarding what it means to have become "The Righteousness of God, in Christ"..

And Paul teaches that we have to come into this "same mind" as one, and that is to become "as many as be perfect".

And when we are there, then we have "worked our our salvation" which is to understand how to exist in it, as God designed it.

And to achieve that MIND, and stay there, is to "walk in the Spirit" all the time.

Jesus said we should let tomorrow worry about its own troubles.

True.

We can't.... "know which way the wind blows, so how can you plan tomorrow"?

Paul says that we put on the Armor... DAILY... to face the "wiles of the Devil" day by day and STAND.... not fall.